HACTION! Six Inspiring Stories to Commemorate Malaysia’s Six Decades of Independence

Haction

In conjunction with Malaysia’s 60th National Day, Panasonic Malaysia has partnered with HATCH, a YouTube channel under Media Prima’s Studio8, to present “HACTION! Shot on Lumix GH5”. It is a short film competition where six Malaysian filmmakers set foot to relive the journey of Malaysia’s achievements and national pride over the last six decades.

HACTION! Shot on Lumix GH5

Six local filmmakers of different styles and genres are shortlisted for the competition. Producing a maximum of 5-minutes video that highlights the beauty and pride of Malaysia and, of course, the 6 decades of unity. All the film makers are equipped with a Panasonic LUMIX GH5 for audio and video recording, alongside with a fund of RM 4,000 and 30-days for production of the film.

Comprising of well-known industry thought leaders, the panel of judges consist of Ahmad Izham Omar, CEO of Primeworks Studios, Mr. Hiroyuki Muto, Deputy Managing Director of Panasonic Malaysia, and Low Ngai Yuen, renowned film director and actress as the guest judge. Each short film was judged based on 70% of judges’ vote including storytelling, editing and post production, and cinematography. The remaining 30% was contributed by public voting which was opened from 1-21 August 2017.

On top of commemorating the National day, HACTION! also took the opportunity to inspire local filmmakers to produce their unique take of Malaysia’s achievement and pride. Through the partnership, Panasonic is confident it will help to strengthen the brand’s presence in the digital mirrorless interchangeable lens camera market and appeal to the wider millennial audiences.

Haction

 

 

The winning short film received a complete set of the Panasonic LUMIX GH5, accessories and cash prize of RM 8,000. The HACTION! series is available for viewing on Hatch, a YouTube channel under Media Prima’s Studio8 that is created to entertain and inspire the urban millennial audience.

%d bloggers like this: